Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Celebrating 28

In October I turned 28. I'm inching closer and closer to the big 3-0. It's funny that as I get closer, 30 doesn't seem "old" like it once did. Plus I remind myself that Jennifer Anniston is almost 40 and she looks great, so maybe getting older isn't as scary as I think?

To celebrate, Patrick took me out to dinner on my birthday. My pick? The Olive Garden. I get very stuck in a rut and I usually either choose that or Chilis. He was really thoughtful - he called a babysitter and arranged everything for the evening. Then the weekend after my birthday I went to Chicago and celebrated with Holly and Rachel. It was the perfect weekend - good food (Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen), sleeping in, shopping, Starbucks and fun with great friends. It was so much fun to spend time with friends and felt good to relax and also laugh hysterically. I definitely came home feeling refreshed (and excited about all of my new stuff from our shopping extravaganza). It's always hard for me to leave the boys, but I think it makes me a better mom to get a way sometimes.

Me, Holly and Rachel.
Leaving the jewelry show.Presents!
Thank you H & R ---super generous! Love it all!
Me and Rachel.
Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.
Holly and Me.
At CPK. Delish!
Holly, Me and Rachel.
At Holly's beautiful condo.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE IT!! Let's do it again soon!

Amy said...

Christina, after reading this I've decided I'm going to get away too! I've only left the boys once due to a very sick family member, but really need to go and get recharged. I'm feeling quite run down and this is something that sounds like fun! I've got to go call some girlfriends!