Pages

Friday, December 05, 2008

The first snow

It is definitely no secret that I'm not a fan of winter, cold weather and snow. I love the summer. And in general, the hotter the better (with the exception of being pregnant). So seeing this first snow didn't fill me with the same delight as it did the boys. But, I must say that once I mustered up the gusto to bundle up and go outside with the boys, I had so much fun. More fun than I've had in a long time in the snow. It was just so hilarious watching the boys play in the snow. William was totally Ralphie from the "Christmas Story" ("I can't move my arms"). He was the most still that he's been since he's learned how to walk. He sort of just stood there and took it all in. When he did move, he slipped and then lay helplessly in the snow until I came to rescue him. He never cried though or got too upset. He was pretty mellow. Henry was a shoveling, sledding, slipping and sliding snow fool. He loved every last bit of it.
William seeing the snow for the first time. He was glued to these doors, pointing to the snow.William and Henry looking at the snow. Henry was ready to go outside as soon as he woke up and saw the snow.Henry all suited up and ready to play.William's first few steps in the snow.Henry slid down our front yard on his belly.
Henry, post-belly slide.
William trying so hard to walk through the snow...And slipping...Waiting to be rescued.
Henry making a snow angel.
Henry, William and Frosty.
Patrick and Henry built this snowman earlier that morning and it started to tip over by evening. Ha! Those baby carrot teeth look very threatening at that angle. Sledding down the front hill. The boys loved this and went over, and over, and over again. William always leaned way back and lay in Henry's lap. Henry let him, which was very sweet.
Me, William and Henry.
I pulled the boys on the sled up and down the sidewalk and driveway a-lot of times.

2 comments:

Sara said...

These are great pics! I was cracking up at the carrot teeth - they do look awfully threatening!

Love you guys,

Sara

Anonymous said...

I love your snowman. Looks like you had fun sledding. Do you remember the huge snowstorm we had when you were little? Our whole area was snowed in for the day and we sledded up and down the street because no cars could get through. There was a woods at the end of the street then and we were one of the last to be plowed.
love ya,
Sandi