Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

And William's "first" is...

I'm posting this first because a couple of people have asked me (with some premature excitement) about what William's big first was since I listed it in the previous post.
So, drumroll please.....



He started solids - well, rice cereal to be exact. Buh-dum-bah. I feel like after some anticipation I wish I could write that he took his first steps or at least rolled over or something. I'm sorry it wasn't that exciting and maybe not worth the wait! But as his mama, every first is exciting and feels somewhat monumental.

Also, my "plan" was to delay starting solids until he turned 6 months old, however after some recent sleep backsliding and some angry nursing (on his behalf) I felt like he was ready for something more. He had his first rice cereal last Tuesday at lunch. I was going to wait until dinnertime and have Patrick ready with the camera to capture his expression, but Henry talked me into feeding him earlier. We had gone to the grocery store that morning and Henry was excited that we bought some food for William to eat and when we were eating lunch he asked if William could have his cereal, too. It worked out fine because he literally did not make one face that would seem to ask, "what on earth is this" or "what are you doing to me". He just ate and ate and ate and got a little anxious if I paused to take a bite of my sandwich. He literally ate it all, I mean he WOLFED it down. I guess he was ready for something more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for William! No rolling over here yet either - I think Gabi is finding herself too heavy to roll. She needs more muscle first...:) But, she is right there with William with the solids - she absolutely love love loves eating her fruits and veggies as well!!!

Unknown said...

Yey for William! I have to say Ainsley loves anything solid. I think it's because she sees all of us, most importantly Kaylee, eating something other than liquid and at this point jar food, and she wants it too!

Erica said...

I think this is a HUGE first! I also love the picture of William and Henry both holding sippy cups. That seems like a big milestone too!