Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Easter!

Our Easter activities this year included:

1. Coloring Easter eggs with Henry for the first time. He didn't want much to do with the whole thing until he saw Patrick drop a white egg into one of the mugs and pull it out dyed yellow. Then he became fascinated and was an egg dying machine. He ended up dying his legs green when one of the mugs spilled and poured into the booster seat he was sitting in. It took a few baths to wash completely off!

2. Going to visit Oma on the Saturday before Easter and going to her church with her and then out to dinner together where she gave Henry his Easter basket. Just Henry and I went since William was still doing nebulizer treatments for his bronchiolitis. Henry loves seeing Oma and had so much fun at dinner. After he sucked the juice from the lemon in my water, we asked the waiter for another one. He brought us an entire cup full of lemons, all of which Henry sucked the juice from. He can be seen doing this in the picture below. 3. Going to church at our church on Easter Sunday and then to Patrick's parents house for Easter lunch and an Easter egg hunt for the kids. This year Henry was a little bit more competitive since he understood the relationship between Easter eggs and the chocolate candy hidden inside.

4. Not pictured above - Henry and I also visited with my Dad and Sandi and Cory, better known as Papa and Grandma Bug. In the Easter basket they gave to Henry there was a fairly small rubber crab that grows when placed in water. We have left ours in a bucket of water since Easter and it has gotten huge! I'll have to put some before/after pictures up of our new pet crab. He's become our very high-maintenance pet that Henry insists has to stay either in the bucket or in the bathtub full of water.

Most importantly I'm so thankful for Easter and for the resurrection! What great news that Jesus lives. A few nights ago after we prayed Henry asked me where Jesus lives. I explained to him that Jesus lives in heaven with God and he also lives in our hearts if we ask him, and then I asked him if he would like Jesus to come live in his heart and he said, "no". Why not, I asked him. And he replied, "because I want him to stay in heaven with God." I'm thankful that because of Easter we have the opportunity to join them both in heaven one day.

No comments: