Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

William's 6-month stats

William went to the doctor yesterday for his 6-month check up. A little late, he's just a week shy of 7 months, but he was on an antibiotic when his appointment was first scheduled and then I rescheduled it twice more because I've been putting it off for various reasons.

Here are his 6-month stats:
Height: 26 inches, 40%
Weight: 19 lb 3 oz, 75%
Head Circumference: 17 3/4 in, 85%

(a note: when I took him to the doctor just a few days shy of 6 months he was 18 lb 4 oz so that may be more accurate.)

He's a big boy! But he's healthy and I'm so thankful. He is such a sweet, happy little baby.

Something interesting that I learned at his appointment is that now it's ok to start egg whites and peanut butter before 1 year. My doctor said to still wait until a baby is over 1 to start honey, but the other two are now ok. I think I'll still wait. I don't like how things keep switching, it confuses me and makes me question the validity of the rules in the first place.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey for healthy William! I didn't know that about the peanut butter...I still haven't given Ainsley peanut butter or honey, mostly because the opportunity hasn't really come up. I am glad to see someone else who follows these food rules as Brad always made fun of me....

Erica said...

I can't believe William is almost 7 months old! Time flies!!! :-) I'm so glad that he is healthy and happy. It is suspicious how the "rules" keep changing every few years...Who makes the rules anyway???
Love,
Erica
PS-Sorry about the double comments. I don't know what is going on.

Amy said...

I actually read an article today about the pb and eggs. They think that it will actually reduce the chance of an allergy. My doc said that if there is no history, then the likely hood of a reaction is slim.
Amy