Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010

January - 2010 017
It's 2010.
Wow, the start of a new year and a new decade.
I was born in 1980, so that also means big business in 2010. I'll be...
29, again?
I like the reflection that comes with the start of a new year. Since we're starting a new decade this time, I've been reflecting over the last ten years.
In the last ten years, I've:
been a college student
met Patrick
spent a summer in Africa, falling in love with the Ethiopian people and children
met Holly
married Patrick
graduated from college
suffered through a worked for a year at a ridiculous mindless job at State Farm
bought our first house
taught preschool at Montessori; a job I loved and feel blessed for having
became pregnant with a baby
bought our second house
fixed up said house
had Henry
became a stay-at-home mom
had our second baby, William
Ten years really brings a lot of experience and change.
Picture 002
My surprise 24th birthday party at my mom's condo, in 2004. Holly's streamers are at their finest! Sara was pregnant with Gabe then and I discovered a few weeks later that I was pregnant with Henry.
DSCN0171
Our first car
House
First house
Picture 054
Patrick's first business, and our first political sign (maybe our only one, to this day).
3.25.05 006
First tacky Christmas sweater party
3.25.05 031
Holly Christina & Cookies
First cookie bouquet, from Holly, for my first pregnancy.
3.25.05 082
Our first small group. This is on a trip we took to St. Louis. I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Henry.
Mommy & Henry 2
Me and Henry, 2005
Isaac's B-Day, NY 136
Our first major renovation project; Patrick tearing down the plaster in Henry's future nursery and getting it ready to dry wall.
Patrick painting
Patrick painting the living room; we were so happy the dry wall was finally up.
August - 2009 078
Our second and current house.
William - Month 1 004
Patrick ready for surgery. Another first together; my c-section with William.
William - Month 1 018
Our family just grew to 4. Me, Patrick with baby William; 2007.
It's shocking the changes that a decade brings.
I can't look back at old pictures without laughing a little and feeling grateful a lot. So thankful for the way God has provided, taken care of me and now our family.
So now it's 2010.
A new year. It already promises to be a big one.
My first baby will turn five in July. I can type that, but not say it. That number chokes me on its way out. He will start kindergarten at the end of August. Tears are welling up in my eyes. William will start preschool in September. He'll go just two mornings a week to the school Henry attends now.
I'm looking forward to a fresh start and have a few resolutions floating around in my head. I'll post about those next.

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a decade it has been! I love seeing these pictures from the past. 2010 does mean big business for us-me sooner than you! :-)

I can't believe how quickly time passes by, and I truly cannot believe that Henry is going to be 5 this year. I understand the tears....

I feel grateful to have had you in my life for most of my {almost} 30 years. Here's to the next decade!! Cheers!!!
Happy New Year!!
Love you,
Erica

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Love all the pictures! What a busy ten years it's been for you and your family! Thanks for sharing! Love, Ruth

Christina said...

Let me clarify! 2010 means big business as far as turning the big 3-0!

Sara said...

OK, thanks for the clarification, and sorry to jump to (hopeful) conclusions. :-)

I love this post and some of the old pics...so fun to see. Isn't it wierd that for the first part of the decade we were using film?