Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

wish me luck

menu
This is the menu for the birthday dinner I'm making for Patrick tonight.

To be honest, I've never cut anything into julienne strips before, I don't like touching raw chicken and I'm not sure where the broiler is located (I emailed my mom to ask, but she hasn't replied; I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm joking. Mom, I'm not joking, I need help!). The only thing I feel confident about is the left over ice-cream cake and then again, we left that at Patrick's office last night after Bible study, so it may not even make it home.

Oh well, here's to trying new things in the new year. I'm off to cut those carrots into julienne strips and stuff gouda cheese under the skin of the chicken, before the boys wake up.
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You can do it! Good luck!

BTW, the broiler is usually the bottom drawer-thingy of the oven. Our turns on when you turn the oven all the way up to broil. :-)

Erica said...

Wow!!! I'm very impressed. What a delicious birthday dinner! Wish we could stop by tonight for dinner. Can't wait to hear about it. Pictures, please! :-)

Love you!
Erica

Patrick Vance said...

It was great hon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic meal. And from Patrick's comment, you must have found the broiler. Ours is just the top of the oven. You can set an electric stove to only use the coils on the top, but since yours is gas, I haven't the faintest idea where it would be. Congratulations on your gourmet cooking!
love ya,
Sandi

Holstix said...

You are amazing! You should have your own show on Food Network, "Cooking with Christina." I am very impressed! Looked fabulous!