Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The first days

It's so hard to believe that tomorrow William will be one week old. Last Thursday night we were preparing to go to the hospital for our induction. It has definitely been a busy week, full of changes, recovering and settling in.

William has been the sweetest baby. He really hasn't made much of a peep. He's very cuddly and as long as he's swaddled and warm, he is so content. He didn't love his sponge bath and doesn't love having his diapers changed, he will cry just while we're changing him and then as soon as his clothes are back on, he's happy and content. It's amazing how your heart does just expand to make room for a new baby. We already are so in love with him.

Henry is doing well. He had a hard weekend being away from Patrick and I. Sunday night when we got home was pretty tough. He was really over-tired and was pretty obstinate and defiant. He's really getting back to being himself as the days have passed and he has settled back into his routine. He absolutely loves William and is constantly kissing him. He doesn't want him to be in his moses basket or bassinet and always asks for him to come out if he's lying in one of those places. Last night we played with both boys on the floor. William lay on a blanket and Henry drove his tractors all around him. He really is fascinated when William's eyes are open, when he moves, or when he makes the slightest peep. He'll even say, "it's ok William" if William cries getting his diaper changed. It's so sweet to watch him love someone.

Patrick has been so wonderful. He's been doing everything and not complaining at all. I can't imagine what I'd do without him. Having the c-section has definitely made things tough this time around. The recovery has been so much different and isn't what I was expecting. It's really hard for me not being able to do what I feel like I can do or should be doing. And it's hard letting others do for me. Henry has been upset with me, too, which is so sad. I'm not the mommy that he's used to right now and it's really hard on him. That's been the hardest thing for me. I'm looking forward to feeling better so that I can be the mommy that he needs.

4 comments:

Amber Stubbs said...

I am so excited for you guys. He is so cute! What a fun time for all of you to have a brand new baby around...I am sure that you guys will have so much fun watching Henry try and take care of William. God has blessed your family. Congratulations....Amber

Holly said...

I am feeling sad that I didn't come down last weekend to meet William and see you, but I'm sure you had plenty of visitors to keep you company! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them. How exciting! Wow, it's hard to believe that this little guy is really here! :)

Sara said...

Hang in there. I hope you are recovering quickly, but don't feel bad about taking it easy! It's definitely an adjustment not being able to focus 100% on the older baby, but it doesn't mean your not being the mom he needs, and he definitely loves you just the same (which I've learned, especially since Gabe told me he didn't love me the first week Caleb was here). :-)

Love you,

Sara

Katie said...

Hey sweetie! I'm so excited for you all. I can't believe you have another baby boy! He seems so adorable, I can't wait to meet him. I know that there are adjustments for you, but the best thing you can do for Henry is take care of yourself so that you can recover easily - he'll soon forget about this time where you aren't able to do what he may be used to you doing. But I know that you are still loving on him and that's really all he needs! Give Patrick a big hug and tell him I'm thankful that you have someone so great to take care of you! Wish I could be there with all my heart...love you!!!!!