Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Henry's First Day



Well, Henry loved school! It was definitely harder on me than it was on him...I was getting teary before I left the building after dropping him off and once I got into my car I really started crying. His teachers said that he did great and didn't cry once. I went grocery shopping, did some laundry and baked some banana bread. I felt like I had to be really busy and productive to pass the time. It definitely was hard dropping off my baby and leaving him in such a grown-up setting. At the grocery store I felt so lonely without him, especially everytime I would see another mom and her baby.


When I went to pick him up he was sitting so nicely at a table with his little bag in front of him just waiting for me to come in. He was so content and I could tell right away that he was happy and full of energy. It wasn't the sad, teary-eyed boy that I had pictured all morning in my mind that I would come back to. Also there was a fire-drill yesterday and all the way home he talked about the "noise" from the "drill". I asked him if he was scared or brave and he said he was scared (so sad), but that Miss. Julie (one of his teachers) held his hand. I think he will actually be disappointed next time when there's not a fire-drill. Whenever we talk to him about school, he talks about the "noise".


Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and prayers. I'm thrilled about this program. I think it's going to be great for him. He all of a sudden does seem like such a big boy though to be going to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Henry for going to school. He will grow so much from this experience. You and Patrick made the right decision. Love you so much. Love, Mom