Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

project {365}

Happy New Year, friends! The ground is frozen and completely covered with a fresh blanket of cold white snow. Our house feels bare, emptied of Christmas, but in a fresh, clean slate, blank palette kind of way. I like the freshness. After the fullness and constant busyness and errand running of the holidays, it's nice to settle back into a quiet rhythm.

But the quietness can only last for so long and then I start searching for ways to fill those empty spaces. I'm pretty sure that's why New Year's resolutions are so popular. The new year is a blank slate and a fresh start. This year I didn't make any formal resolutions. But I did make a mental list of "must-do's" for 2011. The largest looming of those being a formal record keeping of our memories. I love pictures. I like looking at them. I like taking them. This is going to be my year to organize them and create albums of them. I want to be able to hold them, and let the boys flip through them.

In an effort to work on that goal, I'm going to join Sara {and Dan} in a project they started. Project 365. Take one picture every day and post it here for an entire year. I realize I'm already almost a month behind; 20 days to be exact. But I figure, better to start now than never. So, here's to the new year and keeping record of our memories in 2011. And thanks to Sara for the inspiration!

December - 2010 629
{Most days, night or day, you will find William in his pjs. They are his outfit of choice.}
It's sunny here this morning. I love the morning sun pouring in through the front windows. This is the first sunny morning we've had all week and let me tell you, it makes such a huge difference. I hear it's freezing outside today; below freezing even. But the sun makes me feel like spring is just a little bit closer. Most mornings me and the boys are cuddled up on the couch as the sun begins it's ascent into the morning sky. It's one of my favorite things about the farm. We watch the huge, glowing ball appear on the horizon as it begins to light up the entire sky.

3 comments:

Jeanie Bree said...

Love those jammies!

Jeanie Bree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Yay!!!!!!!! :-) So glad you are joining up! I can't wait to see the updates and we can keep each other motivated!

Love this first one, BTW. Sweet William!

Love you!

Sara