Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

saran wrap + scotch tape

IMAG0089
{The outlet in our bedroom.}
So it turns out that living on the farm is not always a glamorous, pick-up truck driving lifestyle. There is a list of things I do adore about this cozy little farmhouse: the sunrises every morning and the sunsets that paint the sky a million shades of watercolor pinks, purples and orange, the loop that connects every room to each other that makes hide-and-seek a thrill every time, the way the cozy little kitchen opens up to the dining room so I can cook and play superheroes at the same time, the room in the back dedicated to crafts (and extra pantry storage).
But there are smells. Oh the smells. And it's a good thing for saran wrap and scotch tape.
Something has died in the farmhouse. Something has died in the wall behind our bedroom, in between our room and the boys room. And while I am so grateful that it's not in the house and it's not alive in the house, it really smells and the smell is wafting in through that outlet. And that blessed outlet is directly behind our bed--behind my head. Last night Patrick devised this little solution and I burned candles and we slept in our room! Is that gross? It still smells today.

4 comments:

jalison said...

Oh no!! Yep, to answer your question, I think it's gross, but you will get through it. :) Spring will be here soon and all will be well again. Behind my head lies the West side of Rockford; that may or may not be gross, but it is indeed scary! I love you. Mom

Jeanie Bree said...

Oh Christina, I know it is certainly not a pleasant experiece, but the post made me chuckle a little. Just think...your life is always full of adventure!

Holly said...

GRODY! Is it the possum?? He's back for more! LOL! It is only funny from the outside looking in. Seeing how you reacted to a mouse climbing on your sweatshirt sleeve (while hanging in your closet) back in Haynie Hall I am so impressed you were able to sleep in your room! And remember the mouse under the dorm fridge? Ahhh memories. Anyhow, WOW! I hope you get that dead animal outta there... what will Patrick do? Maybe your farmer neighbor can help ya out. ;) Love ya!

Erica said...

Oh no! I'm sorry about the smell. I hate bad smells in the house, but I'm glad it's not alive. What a clever idea though! You could always double saran wrap it for extra smell protection :-)

Let's hope the decaying process goes quickly and the smell goes away!
You are a trooper, Christina!
Love you,
Erica