Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Holly made this!

Holly, Rachel and I finally celebrated our Christmas together last weekend! (Way too belated.) We hadn't gotten together since the very beginning of December, and as always it was such a fun time that included shopping, Starbucks, yummy food (Jason's Deli and Chipotle), lots of laughing and staying up too late, and morning coffee and breakfast in our pj's Sunday morning. We exchanged Christmas gifts with each other and also went to Trader Joe's. My first ever trip there. Yes, it was everything I have always dreamed it would be. :-)

I loved every gift, and I might post more later, but I have to show you this now.
February - 2010 717
February - 2010 720
Holly made me this beautiful cake stand/2-tiered platter. I love these dishes. After "whoa this is gorgeous, I love it", my very next thought was these and Sara. Love the birds and branches and the blue. The perfect compliment to our dining room.
February - 2010 723
She and her mom (the uber talented duo) created the stand using two plates (one larger dinner size, and one smaller salad size) a crystal goblet/glass and epoxy glue. So clever.
February - 2010 733
She also gave me these darling mugs to accompany it.
February - 2010 729
Thank you Holly. I love these!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful!! I can't believe Holly made it! Homemade gifts are the best.
Can't wait to see this full of delicious treats at your next party....

Love you,
Erica

Sara said...

That is amazing. I may or may not be responsible if it comes up missing next time I am in Bloomington. :-)

Sally said...

I saw that plate stand at my mom's (where Holly made it) and totally thought it was an "extra" lying around. I wanted it and I think I even asked if I could have it!! Darn it, it was for you... ha ha, but that's good. You'll just have to use it next time I come over so I can enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

Aren't those like Sara's new dishes?
love ya,
Sandi