Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2010

what's a girl to do?

On Thursday Patrick took the boys to dinner and then to the children's museum. He told me he wanted me to have the night off. At first I whined. I felt like I was missing out on the fun. Whenever I take the boys to the museum, I'm by myself and it feels stressful, I want to eat at that pizza place too, waa, waa.
Finally, I surrendered and accepted his nice gift. Time off.
So what's a girl to do when left with an evening to herself?
January - 2010 1018
January - 2010 1012
and
January - 2010 1008
January - 2010 1010

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I agree I would have argued at first too. For some reason the girls just can't survive doing something without me, right? How could that be fun? HAHA! But kuddos for you to accepting and doing something relaxing. I'm sure I would have spent my time cleaning....I am very proud of you!!!

Ruth said...

What a sweet husband! Glad you were able to relax a little and enjoy a little time with Heidi! Love, Ruth

Sara said...

Sounds delightful! I think I need to get on board with Project Runway...

Anonymous said...

That was super sweet of Patrick and you are a great wife for being a grateful receiver. It is nice to be able to give something special to someone. You gave Patrick a gift by accepting his. Good job.
love ya,
Sandi

Holstix said...

What a great hubby! I know I always feel a bit stressed or "guilty" when Ryan takes the kids to give me a break, but as soon as I start watching my TV programs and eating my junk, I tend to let go a little. Right on with the Project Runway and Olive Garden!