Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Marry Christmas?

Tonight at dinner Henry was noticing Patrick's wedding ring and asked him about it. Here's the conversation that followed:

Henry: Daddy, what's that? (pointing to his ring)
Patrick: It's my wedding ring, it means I'm married to mommy. Mommy has one too.
Henry: Mommy has one?
Me: Yeah, here's mine. Mommy is married to Daddy. Who do you want to marry?
Henry: Marry Christmas

It's hilarious what a difference one vowel can make to the meaning of a word! He's obviously been hearing people say "Merry Christmas". I just thought this was a hilarious translation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! This reminds me of something Kaylee did the other day. Brad was sketching something he was thinking of building for outdoors...anyway he was using graphing paper and he asked "Don't we have any plain paper around?" Kaylee, without missing a beat, goes over to some magazines, grabs one with a photo of a "plane" on it and brings it to him and says "here's some "plane" paper Daddy". Have a great Christmas and give us a call to do the playdate we talked about doing post-thanksgiving...talk about time flying!

Anonymous said...

when Cory was little, I was working on our finances and he wanted me to stop and play. I said I could play after I balanced the checkbook. He said, "Give it to me, I'll go it." I handed it to him and he balanced it across the palm of his hand saying, "See I balanced it Mommy, now can we play?" Needless, to say, I went and played with him.
Sandi

Katie said...

Well, my parents are visiting so I'm able to get online with my Dad's computer - I've just caught up on all your posts - I had to start with your Christmas photo one! That was really funny by the way - Where's William? :) Anyway, I may not remember all my comments but I love the one of this latest conversation about marry christmas and I will definitely check out the kraft food things...I have so much to talk to you about and finally got a new phone so let's try and catch up! I'll call you sometime tomorrow but do the same for me, ok? Miss you!!!! Oh, and I can't believe you hit a dog! whoa. :)

Holly said...

This is so cute. I shared this story with Jaimie and she loved it!

Sally said...

We thought this was hilarious too. I love how their little minds are making connections like that...