Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

Whoa Oma!



Henry is wearing my mom's (Oma's) hat and scarf in the picture above. I didn't get a picture of her wearing it, but when Henry first saw her put it on we were sitting in her car and he looked up at her and exclaimed "WHOA Oma!" Ah, a child's honesty. It was hilarious. Oma came to visit us and help out a couple of weeks ago. We had lots of fun while she was here...we went to the museum, out to eat a couple of times (always a treat and something I haven't attempted alone with the boys), and to the mall where Henry got to see Santa. No, he didn't sit on his lap--he didn't want to get that close. But after a few strolls by, he was waving to him and talking to him from behind the ropes. His very favorite thing: riding the escalator with Oma-up and down-4 times...doing his excited face and literally shaking with excitement every time!

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOVE these photos. I can't believe you got Hen to wear the hat and scarf! I keep thinking about the lobster costume that he wanted nothing to do with. I am sure your mom looks gorgeous in this winter set, but Henry looks like a little Russian dancer. I was just asking my mom what these Russian hats are called. Her reply was, "Oh that's a cute hat, where did Joyce get that?" Ha ha.