Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Post # 9 - Kraft your dinner

A while ago, Sara posted about the Kraft website offering weekly menus. They offer a whole bunch of different weekly menus - they call it 1 bag 5 dinners. You're supposed to be able to get five dinners from just one bag of groceries. At the Vance household we were getting pretty bored with the dinner selection. I was getting really bored with making the same boring things and trying to plan a weeks worth of meals was getting impossible. So I decided to give this a shot! We started with Bag 3 - (chicken and beef) and loved it. All of the recipes were super easy and tasty and really good for a change. Also the fifth meal is always a frozen pizza, which makes for a nice break from cooking one night, and why not? So this week we're eating Bag 1 - (chicken and beef). We just ate the Crispy Baked Pesto Chicken tonight. It was really tasty. While Patrick was coming to the table tonight he said, "this is the best thing we could have done for our meals"! He was so serious, too! I guess he was getting really bored with my cooking, too.

Oh and my very favorite part that I almost forgot to mention is that each week comes with printable recipes and a shopping list complete with boxes to check off as you buy them. Love that. Thanks Sara! I'm excited about this.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love it, too. We did the one that starts with the pesto chicken and really loved it. The recipe with meatballs and pineapple later in the week is really good, too. We need to do another one!