Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

10 Posts in 10 Days

Holly issued a challenge to make 10 posts in 10 days and as a rather infrequent blogger, I've decided to accept. Today is the first day of December and I've yet to start Christmas shopping. I've been making lots of lists and combing through sales fliers for ideas, but I still haven't bought any gifts. I feel a little bit overwhelmed and intimidated by shopping this year with a two-year old and a newborn. I'm trying to figure out how to organize my shopping so I can get the most done in the least time. Is this the year for gift cards and Internet shopping? Really, I'm usually more of a last minute shopper anyway, so I don't know why I'm even worried. It's just that it seems like everyone I talk to is either almost done or well on their way.


We did put our tree up and it's still standing! For those of you who remember our drama last year, you know this is a feat in itself. Last year our tree, fully decorated, fell down in the middle of the night causing Patrick to spring from bed fearing an intruder. We cut it down at a local tree farm (where Patrick used to work when he was in high school) which Henry thought was so exciting. (So much so that when Patrick passed a test for his new job and I asked Henry what he thought we should do to celebrate, he exclaimed "cut down a tree!". So some people plant trees to celebrate, Henry cuts them down.) And our house is decorated for the season. My favorite thing this year is that we have a mantle to hang our stockings from. I just love that. And having four stockings this year makes it seem all the sweeter.





1 comment:

Holly said...

Yay! So glad you've accepted my challenge. :) I love that you guys get to cut down your own tree! What a fun family tradition! Once everything is decorated, post pics (or invite me over). :P I'd love to see it! Love the uggs- you're so cute. Miss you and love you all!