Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Post # 3 - Christmas Cheer





It was Cookie Day at Henry's school today. Parents donated sugar cookies, frosting and sprinkles and the children got to decorate the cookies to bring home. Henry was so proud of his cookies. When I picked him up he was holding the bag up for me to see and he smooshed all of the frosting all over the plastic! I was really curious at how it would work to have the kids decorate the cookies and package them right up to bring home...rather than eat one there. His teacher told me as we were leaving that Henry had eaten GOBS of frosting while he was decorating. Whoops - I didn't imagine he would be happy with making these delicious confections and sending them right home!
Speaking of cookies, I'm thinking of simplifying this year and just making a few favorites. Possibly... homemade caramels, chocolate dipped pretzels and sugar cookies. I'd like to think of a cute way to package these and give them as gifts. What are your faves that you'll be making this year?

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm with you - I think I'll probably be doing the same ones (including the famous carmels, hopefully I can get it right this year) plus maybe the mint thin Ritz ones. I think I may order some of those containers - they had a tall skinny plastic jar-type thing that I thought might be cute for pretzels. I'll let you know what I find...