Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Post # 5 - Henry

Ok, I fell a little bit behind with my posting, but if I do a few posts in 1 day, I'll still make 10 posts in 10 days!

Henry has just been such a character lately. He's had a super runny nose and cough that have just been hanging on for some reason. He doesn't love having his nose wiped but hasn't really minded taking medicine. However, yesterday when I brought him some Triamenic to take after his breakfast, he looked at me and said in a sad, pitiful way "No! I don't want any jello." I told him that he was in luck because I didn't have any jello for him! Too funny.


He may have been thinking about jello because a few days ago we made jello together and then used cookie cutters to make jigglers. He really loved cutting the jello with a plastic knife and making different shapes, but he didn't like to eat it. He had a small taste and that was it for him.


We also had our first snow of the season...just a small bit really, but it was enough to cover the grass and our car and deck. When Henry woke up and looked outside he exclaimed, "Look Mommy, see the dust! See it!" We went outside and made footprints and Henry shoveled a little bit. He had fun, but he hates his mittens because he can't really use his hands that well with them on. Any suggestions?


His other favorite new activity is vacuuming our living room floor. It started with him pushing his toy vacuum alongside me while I vacuumed the floor. Then he wanted to try pushing the real thing and he got hooked on that. Now he asks me if he can vacuum just for fun. It's a productive thing for him to do, and a second bonus is that William is lulled by the noise...so I usually let him do it because it's a double bonus!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaylee always hated the mittens too. So I found some gloves, with the finger holes, at Wal-Mart this year. They aren't waterproof, but they are a little more protected then the stretchy ones, sort of in between. It always seemed we were never out that long anyways so sometimes I would just let her use her hands, then they would get cold and at that point we'd usually go in.