Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

cookie day

Tuesday was Cookie Day at Henry's school. The parents supply one of the following: plain, store bought sugar cookies, a jar of frosting, holiday sprinkles. {As a sidenote, Henry brought sprinkles. I found a steal on them; 4 various holiday jars in a package for $2.50 at the Dollar Spot at Target.} Then the children get to frost and decorate a plate of cookies to bring home to their family. It's a holiday tradition at his school, so he's been participating since he was 2. This year was a little bit different though; his teacher let the children eat one of the cookies from their plate while at school. Never before has that happened, usually Henry is tormented because they have to wait until they get home to taste them. {I told you his teacher is super sweet. :-)} He had so much fun decorating his cookies and he was excited to share them with us when William and I picked him up. He regaled us with stories of the decorating on the way home; my favorite being his licking the frosting off the knife. Ha! AND Yikes! How many of the kids do that? Do the teachers notice and give them another {clean} one to use? How many germs are in that frosting? How many are on the cookies? Oh to be carefree like a child!
Dec - 2009 737
Henry's Christmas cookies - 2009
There were 6, but he ate one at school and then William and I each had one in the van.
Dec - 2009 739

2 comments:

Erica said...

What a wonderful tradition! Henry's cookies look so festive! I'm glad his teacher let them eat one in class--I wouldn't be able to stop myself! Oh, and to be carefree indeed!

Love you!
Erica

Sara said...

This reminds me of when the boys decorated cookies together last year. I love all the fun things they do at his school!