Pages

Friday, December 04, 2009

gingerbread houses

On Tuesday I got to {leave William with a babysitter and} go to school with Henry to be a helper. It was gingerbread house day. His teachers had all of the supplies out and ready and I got to help the children decorate their houses. So adorable.
Best part?
helping Henry, he got to be the first one called to my table :-)
hearing all about Samantha's neighbors Christmas lights and music and blowup Santa on their garage :-)
And Madyson telling me that her favorite color is "shiny ones" :-)
Worst part?
eggs in frosting making houses unedible for the drooly children :-(
November - 2009 180
 November - 2009 181
The kids singing their "Welcome to school" song, just before starting their gingerbread houses. How cute is his teacher? She's so sweet and enthusiastic and was dressed festive, too, which the children really always love.
November - 2009 176
November - 2009 179
Some of the decorating supplies. There were three tables, each one had a huge variety of candy and other decorative things like m&m's, gumdrops, skittles, fruit loops, pretzel sticks, cotton balls, marshmallows, and Christmas tree Peeps. Miss.Jill made the frosting for the houses herself. She used a mixture of egg whites, cream of tartar and one other thing I'm sorry I can't remember to made a {unedible, but}sticky frosting that once dry holds fast like glue.
November - 2009 178
The children "built" their houses on Monday, allowing time for everything to dry. His teachers used a milk carton as a support inside each one. Brilliant idea!
November - 2009 184
This is an action shot. Don't know why I look mad? Tired? Super focused? Pointed-nosed? Not my best picture, but either way, cute things are going on.
November - 2009 178
November - 2009 232
November - 2009 236
The houses on display for all to see. So adorable!
November - 2009 242
William checking out the display. In awe of the candy!
Can I just reiteratate how much I love this program? They give the children so many different experiences (among some fall ones, making chili and applesauce as a class!). This year it's made me really miss teaching preschool!

4 comments:

Holstix said...

The houses are adorable! What a great idea for the kids. It looks like they are having so much fun! Ahh, to be a kids again! Love your new blog... super cute! I stole your shabby blog idea and spiced mine up a bit... I hope you don't mind! I am so dumb when it comes to creating websites and such. You are so creative and have the best ideas.... clueless people like me need your help ;)

Sara said...

Cute idea and what a fun program! Love the pics, too!

Jeanie Bree said...

love those darling gingerbread houses. I'm glad Henry loves school so much!

Erica said...

I'm so glad you were able to go in and help with these adorable gingerbread houses! I love his school and am so happy that Henry has such a wonderful place to go each week.
Love you!
Erica