Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

visions of sugarplums

Last Saturday was cookie day.
My mom hosted this year in her beautiful high-rise apartment. It was festive; decorated for Christmas and overlooking lots and lots of snow in Rockford. Sara, my mom and I baked from morning until night. My mom's friend, Carol, joined us too. Many hands make light work!
Here's a sampling of some of the goodies we all left with.
December - 2009 147
December - 2009 115
Yum, don't you want to lick the bowl?
December - 2009 113
December - 2009 138
December - 2009 139
December - 2009 137
sugar cookies
 December - 2009 097
December - 2009 100
December - 2009 095
December - 2009 121
December - 2009 155
December - 2009 087
Sara hard at work.
All of those beautifully iced and decorated sugar cookies were done by her.
ALL of them.
December - 2009 085
December - 2009 090
We worked through the day, into the night
December - 2009 159
which by the way is simply gorgeous.
December - 2009 104
December - 2009 167
December - 2009 158
In all we made 11 or 12 varieties of cookies. I wish I'd gotten pictures of all of the finished products, or at least more of the process. I would have liked to, but we were busy! It was a fun day and I'm excited about the cookies we made to share. Of all the varieties, Henry and William love Aunt Sara's sugar cookies the best!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! What a day! It was so much fun. You were the best drizzler ever. "Do the drizzle!" :-)

Thanks for posting this - I love all the captions, so cute. And I'm glad Henry and William like the sugar cookies. Makes it worth the 12 steps it takes to make them! Ha!

Love you! Let's do it again next year. :-)

Sara

Holly said...

BEAUTIFUL COOKIES! I am impressed! I am also sad I missed it. :( LOL to the caption on the huge cleaver about the reflection- you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

The cookies are BEAUTIFUL!! They look so yummy too! Sounds like you all had a fabulous time together! I would love to have the recipe for the Frango Mints, the minty thin mints, the marbled peppermint bark and the frosting for the sugar cookies!! Sara, the sugar cookies were perfect!! What a great way to spend the day! Love, Ruth

Erica said...

YUMMY!!

They all look so pretty and delicious!
I wish I could eat one right now with my coffee. That would be perfect.

Sara said...

BTW, I also love the cleaver pic. It's a handy tool, I say. :-)

AND, the Frango Mints were a bust, I think. I can't get mine cut in a way that looks how I imagined them. I think I probably should have gone ahead and cut them while they were still a little soft.

So, sorry for using 3 packs of almond bark on that little project. :)

AKHogan said...

I AM HUNGRY!