Pages

Saturday, December 05, 2009

it's never good

It's never good when Patrick says,
"Hey hun, if I show you something, promise you're not going to freak out."
I can guarantee if he says that, I AM going to freak out.
Today was no exception. We were happily taking out Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas music and decorating our Christmas tree {which happens to be big and fat, more on that later}.
That's when he said it.
He had just gone down to the basement to check on the water pipes and to turn off the valve for the outside water spigot.
I didn't promise not to freak out.
And it's a good thing.
November - 2009 404
A snake on a sticky trap.
From MY basement.
Would you freak out?
November - 2009 399
A snake!!
November - 2009 401
Seriously? A snake?
I definitely freaked out!
But here's the weird part, I'm so happy to see a snake instead of a mouse. Is that weird?

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh. My. Dan showed me the pic you sent on his phone - I couldn't believe it! Gabe thought it was cool. I would totally freak out, too!

The good thing is it's on the trap and not roaming your house! :-)

Erica said...

What??!!! A snake! I would have shrieked and screamed and jumped on the couch (despite it already being stuck on the trap :-) At least it was a small snake. It must have gotten lost....snakes don't live in houses...and I would have been happy too that it wasn't a mouse!

Love you!
Can't wait to see your big tree!
Erica

Holstix said...

Yikes! I HATE snakes! Freak out! Mice don't bother me... But the snake would make me have nightmares!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hate mice way more than snakes!!! It is GROSS though! Ruth :0)

Holly said...

I don't know if I can ever sleep over at your house again!!! If I do, DEFINITELY NEVER IN THE BASEMENT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AKHogan said...

That is just too nasty! You didn't hang it on the Christmas tree did you?

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I wish I had snakes in my basement.
love ya,
Sandi