Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

my husband is wonderful

Dec - 2009 704
Dec - 2009 705
Tonight after dinner Patrick suggested we all go Christmas shopping together.
He knew the enormous burden I was carrying, having just started yesterday.
{Yikes.}
He offered to do it together.
He put the boys in their coats, zipped them up and put their hats on.
I got my lists ready and jumped into our warm van.
Then he drove me around, to a bunch of different stores and restaurants. Ones that were going to be quick. Places I just had to run in and grab one thing or get a gift card.
It would have taken much longer for me to park, walk in, buy the stuff, then walk all the way back to my spot.
It was wonderful having our van
full of the boys I love
waiting and warm when I walked out of the store.
I loved having them there. It's so much better doing it together.
We got so much done.
I'm so thankful.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my! This is so sweet, and Patrick is a wonderful husband and father!
It REALLY does help to go with someone. As much as the holidays are joyful, they're also stressful, and I'm glad you have such a great partner to rely on.

Love you!
Erica

Anonymous said...

What a sweet husband! Sounds like a fun way to do your Christmas shopping! Love, Ruth

Sara said...

Way to go, Patrick!

Sometimes it helps to have some moral support!

See you guys soon - love you!

Anonymous said...

You do have a great guy there. We love him.
love ya,
Sandi