Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

our Christmas tree

November - 2009 337
November - 2009 354
Our family shopping for our Christmas tree.
We rarely have family pictures, it's usually Patrick and the boys and then me and the boys. This was Patrick's idea and he asked the man to take it. I'm glad he did.
And I'm glad we have this memory. I also have a memory of the man who took it who was holding a cigarette in one hand and my camera in the other. :-)
November - 2009 319
This is the tree I begged Patrick to let us get.
He {wisely} said it was going to be too big. We ended up getting a different one.
November - 2009 321
Henry pretending to hold it up.
November - 2009 313
This caption could be "let's choose that tree!"
But if I'm being honest, it was really "that's where Santa is. Let's stay away from there."
November - 2009 351
November - 2009 328
November - 2009 334
November - 2009 338
This is the only picture I got of the tree that we chose. We decided that it looked full and was the right height. I also loved the perfect point at the top for our star. No more pictures of perfect tree though because by then,
November - 2009 331
The boys were running up and down the aisles of trees and
November - 2009 332
William was insisting on pushing this empty flower cart/wagon thing all around the empty greenhouse area.
November - 2009 358
At home, Henry helped Patrick trim some of the bottom branches off the tree to make it fit nicely in the stand.
And then it was time to decorate:
November - 2009 385
William trying to climb the step stool with the star.
November - 2009 389
Henry finding just the right spots.
November - 2009 390
November - 2009 387
November - 2009 408
The ever-popular and heavily laden bottom branches.
November - 2009 406
Our tree immediately filled our living room with the fresh pine smell that I love this time of year. It smells so nice coming down the stairs and into the living room. It also filled up more of the corner than we were even expecting. Since the trees are outside, their branches are cold and take awhile to "fall". During the first afternoon after we put it up, the branches seemed to not only be falling but also growing and spreading. Patrick joked that he was afraid we'd wake up in the morning and find our tree completely out into the dining room. It did eventually stop "falling", but it is definitely a full tree. Patrick prefers a more tall and narrow tree while I love a big, fat one. It seems this year I got my wish!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful! Love the family picture of you guys, so cute! You guys picked out a good one; we have similar "clusters" of ornaments on our tree. :-)

Loving all these posts, btw!

Love you and see you tomorrow - can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I have such great memories of looking for Christmas trees when I was a kid. But now I just get it out of its box each year. I love how kids just put all the ornaments in one place. When Gabe was decorating mine he hung most of them on one of the light strands telling me "I hang them like this and my mom says it is a good way."
love ya,
Sandi