Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2011

blue

January - 2011 297
Blue is the color of the sky today. It was a gorgeous shade of the summer kind of blue. The crystal clear kind of sky that stretches on and on without a single cloud. Patrick bundled the boys up and took them outside to play in the snow. They ran up and slid down the huge pile next to the driveway, which has affectionately become known as Drift Mountain. I put on my scarf, coat and boots, cursing winter as I zipped, and trudged outside to take a few pictures of the boys. I prepared for the biting cold and gusts of wind. Snowballs whizzed past my face, and I snapped pictures of the laughing children, reminding them of the camera in my hand, so don't hit mommy.

And then, like some kind of moth that buzzes in through the front door attracted to the light, I walked around the house next to the open field until I was standing directly under the light. The afternoon sun poured down in grand style making everything bright. Standing under that blue sky in the bright light was such a welcome change today. I really am a gray kind of girl. But I'm finding that I'm a gray girl when it comes to the walls and a blue girl when it comes to the sky.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER! BLUE SKY COME AND GET ME!!! Today I woke up to a fresh inch of fallen snow. If it's going to be cold, I like to have snow, but suddenly summer can't get here fast enough!!! Did I mention one of the houses I like that I want to see in person has an in-ground pool??? WE WOULD HAVE THE TIME OF OUR LIVES!!! Can you tell I'm excited to go look at it? ;) Not sure when though... I'll keep you posted. :) Love ya!

P.S. I never thought of you as a gray girl, more of a black girl. But that's only because you always look good in and love wearing black tops! :) ha oh and because you use do grow shampoo (or whatever it's called.) LOL! :)

Sara said...

Gorgeous pic - framer!