Pages

Monday, February 07, 2011

In Christ Alone

IMAG0099
{I love this hymn and I love this version of it. Owl City; swoon.} 
Driving to Bloomington with William this morning, this came on the radio. Oh, how I love this song. I first heard it at Christ Church and later chose it as the hymn for Henry's dedication service. I am so moved by this song. I love the way it describes what God did for us through His son, Jesus.
The lyrics to me are so reassuring:
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
------------------------------------
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
------------------------------
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
-------------------------------
Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live
---------------------------
 There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
{This verse always makes me want to do a big fist pump!}
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
-----------------------------------

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
--------------------------------

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I needed a reminder of these beautiful words today - thank you!

Love you and see you very soon!!!!!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Nice song. I like it a lot. Never heard this version. Thanks for posting it. :) Nice pick for Henry's dedication too.