Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

girl's night

IMAG0161
{My pathetic feet soaking in preparation for the pedicure.}
You all are going to die when I tell you this, but I have not gotten a pedicure in over 3 years; well over actually. I was pregnant with William the last time I had one. And it's not because I have some fabulous feet either. Quite the contrary. But they are looking good now and feeling quite soft. And now I'm thinking, why don't I do this more often? But I'll tell you why, I'm embarrassed. My feet are not my strong suit. At the last pedicure I had {that one over 3 years ago}, the woman doing my feet said I have lots of blisters on my feet {which I always thought to be dry skin} and she chastised me for it and said they will never be soft until I get rid of those. Which I assumed to this day I hadn't. Especially since I never knew they were there.

Tonight was girl's night out with some of my favorite friends from my small group. We ate a long, leisurely dinner first at Olive Garden and then went to our pedicure appointments afterwards. I was seriously having anxiety to bare my feet. And there was one moment where the woman doing my pedicure said something to the woman next to her, doing my friend's, and the other woman peered over for a long second at my terrible toes. But other than that, I actually quite enjoyed myself. There was a massaging chair, a long foot and calf massage and no accusations about unkepmt blisters.

5 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I knew you would be feeling worried about baring your feet to all. Nothing to worry about. You are a paying customer.. I am sure they see feet that are in much worse shape than yours. If you go every so often your feet will get better and better. But in any case, you are your own worst critic. I am glad you had a pedicure, they are so relaxing and such a treat! Yay for a girl's night out! Glad you had fun! :) Love ya and miss ya!

Erica said...

Yay for girls' night and for pedicures!!! I'm glad you had a good time with the girls, and I'm glad your pedicure was a relaxing time. That's how it should feel--relaxing and calm with no judgments. I always get looks for yanking my foot and laughing from being so ticklish! Your feet always look cute in sandals, and now they're extra soft!

Sara said...

How fun! I always feel the same way about pedicures...and I usually start out with an apology to the person who has to whip my feet in to shape! ha! :-)

This sounds like my kind of small group!

Jeanie Bree said...

I am getting one next weekend and it has been a LONG time for me as well. I agree that they do get paid to do this work and they most certainly have had to seen FAR worse. We just worry too much I'm sure.