Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

coffee talk

anthro
{A few displays at Anthropologie, some hardware and fixtures, Sara and Erica chatting over sales.}
On Saturday, Sara and I drove to Erica's house in the city. It's a beautiful place, lots of character and charm and streams of sunlight pouring in through huge windows. William stayed to play with Ben and Bret and we left for a morning of coffee, brunch and a little shopping. We ate at Julius Meinl; an adorable and cozy little coffee house/cafe. The nutella crepes were perfectly delicious.
Sadly, just after our coffee was served we got word that poor sweet Gabe had gotten sick at the sleepover. By no urging of a doting grandma, but more because of the tuggings on a mother's heart, we sped up our morning. {Is tuggings even a word? Leggings? ha}We chatted through breakfast and then stopped quickly at Anthropologie {it was love at first sight as I suspected -- I even bought something I really, really, love for the house and spent less than 8 dollars! } and then swung through Paper Source. Time with friends is always refreshing and worthwhile no matter how short. I'm so thankful for our morning together. Brunching with friends is something I would love to do more of!
And here's a little peek at the slumbering fun,
February - 2011 140
February - 2011 131
{Darling boys! My mom borrowed my camera so we could have some pictures from their night together.}
Feel better soon, dear sweet Gabe. love you!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I loved waking up and seeing you guys on a Saturday morning. It just felt right!
We have to do it again soon!
I like these pictures of the boys. Poor sweet Gabe! And poor sweet Henry! Hope the boys feel better soon.

Love you!
Erica

Sara said...

We should definitely brunch more often!! :-) It was so much fun spending time with you girls - maybe next time it should be a weekend!

P.S. When I first started reading this post I saw those pictures and was like, "ooh...what cute place is that!?" Ha! Also, what am I doing with my hands in that picture??