Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

things I LOVE

IMAG0127
and
IMAG0126
{If you're keeping track, this should have been my post for Tuesday. I missed that one. I wish I could rid myself completely of my OCD and resulting urges to complete things that I've promised myself. I'm going to work on that in my 30's.}

Lately, I've been spying some things I just love around blogland. Many of them involve my daydreams about houses and the future house of my dreams {which really is just in my dreams, btw, but it's fun to dream}.
I adore the open floor plan in this house, and am loving those vaulted, paneled uber-high ceilings.
A boy's bunk room. I stopped in my tracks when I saw this. Whoa. Love it. Perfect for sleepovers {or adding two more boys to our family!} Love this entire house, too. Amazing.
Then there's this light fixture, the Maskros, from Ikea. I remember seeing it when I was there in November. Then I saw it on a blog in someone's dining room and really loved it. It was not, however, this dining room. Although I like it too; especially all of the white. It's driving me nuts now, though and I am on a mission to find that dining room. In a google search, I did come across this -
The 'maskros' apparently gets it's swedish name from this. I totally see it!
On another subject, I'm loving,
This French birthday party ! Love the awning and sweet little cakes. Darling!
And these,
Love these Hunter 'wellies'. They have a super cute kid's version too. With a cute little striped cuff. Love!
Photo credit.
Here's to the looking good in all of that mud from the melting snow!

4 comments:

jalison said...

The top 2 things I love about this particular post are: Henry & William. :) The two things I don't love so much are the all-white dining room (too sterile) and the girl with the cutsie dress and boots. Really? Ugh. Love the white lights that look like dandelions and love the room with the bunk beds. How amazing is that room? And that little French bistro is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! Thanks for sharing so many fun things (and people) to love, well, except that girl who definitely doesn't take her ques from Oma for fashion. LOL :)

Holly said...

I agree with your mom: The dress and "wellies"? yuck. She looks like a lost Allison in Wonderland whose lost her mind and can't find her way...

But more importantly, your two cute valentines couldn't be any cuter! Cute cute cute!

The bunk beds rock! The other house pics remind me of house hunting online, clicking through millions of photos trying to find a house!!!

Cute pics and ideas. Lots of pretty things! P.S. Sorry I criticized the wellies... they'd be cute on you, I just don't like the model! :)

Sara said...

OH MY, THOSE BUNKBEDS!!!! Here's the plan...let's buy a vacation home together and make a room for the boys that looks just. like. that.

And I must say, I do love the Hunters with the dress?! If I could pull that off, I totally would. But I can't, so....

Loved drooling over all of these!!

Erica said...

Love those pictures of Henry and William! They are the perfect Valentines!!

Those bunk beds are amazing!!! We want in on the vacation home too! :-)

I've been eye-ing Hunters lately too (especially with all of this mud!) I'm trying to justify the splurge....

I love the open floor plan and beamed ceilings too. It's always fun to daydream about houses. Sometimes if I can't fall asleep, I arrange furniture in my head. Ha ha!

Love you!
Erica