Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

honorable mention {3}

July - 2010 (2) 659
Dreary days like the one we're having today have a way of dulling the bright memories of summer. This post is my big kick in this rainy, cold day's pants.
july
In July {the weekend of Henry's birthday party}, Holly came for the party and stayed for an extended weekend. She, Rachel and I went went out to dinner on Sunday night to celebrate Holly's 28th birthday and they both spent the night at the farmhouse.
Monday was another hot July day. The boys slip-n-slided,
william
henry
and who am I kidding? Of course, we joined in too,
holly
me
rachel
When it got really hot and we got thirsty, Holly went inside and emerged with these,
July - 2010 (2) 657
{Cucumber water; yum. Very spa-ish. Love all of the color. And the way she shaved the skin off the cukes.}
Later that afternoon just us girls had an appointment.
dress shopping
We went wedding dress shopping with Rachel and were with her when she found THE dress!
I love these girls. I love that they are a part of our family. I'm not sure I remember slip-n-sliding with my parent's friends when I was little or with my friend's parents, but I bet I would have thought it was pretty cool{,or maybe a little weird?}. I love that these girls jump right in and play with my boys and I love that it's not weird to my boys at all. Front yard slip-n-sliding is a totally normal thing they've come to expect with these two. They are both going to be such glowing, beautiful brides this July. And I can't wait!

3 comments:

jalison said...

What GREAT pictures! You girls are inseparable and so adorable together. It's hard to believe that by the end of July you will all be married. You've sure been through a lot together. You're right, we didn't do any slid-n-sliding while you were growing up, but we sure did a lot of other things with your friends and Dan's friends. Life was a hoot! I sure do miss those days. Memories are sweet; you will see. Love, Mom
P.S. Can you imagine me on a slip-n-slide? Don't answer that! LOL

Erica said...

These pictures made me smile!
I love that all three of you were slip and sliding!!! Fun times and fun girls! The boys are going to love having all of these great memories from their childhood!

Holly said...

This was FUN! I love the action shots and am severely missing summer right now (and time together)!!! How cool is it that Rachel chose the FIRST dress she tried on and that we were there to see it??? Time has passed so quickly since that hot summer day in July. This July we will all be together going down the aisle, but instead of the runner being a slip n' slide it will be in the church! More fun times to come. Miss you lots! Hopefully the day will never come where we are looked at as the "old adults" who are butting in on the kids' fun!! ha!