Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ebb and flow

Today started out sunny and with the promise of being warm and springlike. 
February - 2011 244
February - 2011 245
We were all home together again this morning. Stay at home day 3 for Henry; he was warm again last night just before bed. While they basked in the morning sunshine and watched Kung-Fu Panda {for the 33rd time}, I rushed into the kitchen to make these. {Banana oat muffins}
February - 2011 249
We played school at home, doing a little reading and math. And then the boys taught an art lesson.
easel
Henry made a tarantula. And he dotted the lines of another one for William to trace.
February - 2011 271
We spent the rest of the morning outside. Bikes, tractors, mud, swings. The boys were happy the entire time. Not a moment of boredom or fighting or complaining. Warm, sunny bliss.
IMAG0133
IMAG0131
IMAG0138
IMAG0139
{It was beautiful today, in the low 50's. It didn't however reach the 60's. Seems this thermometer is fibbing.}
IMAG0140
IMAG0142
We came back inside and ate lunch and I declared a rest time on the couch. The three of us curled up together, and I dozed with them. The enthusiasm I had when I saw that morning sun was lost and I wanted an excuse to do nothing during nap time. Our afternoon ended up being slow and lazy and we didn't venture outside again. I found myself feeling that familiar guilt as I often do when we have lazy afternoons like these. I want to get comfortable with the ebb and flow that is a natural part of our day {weeks, seasons}. Sometimes we're busy and sometime we're lazy. I kept hearing my mom say, "you won't pass this way again". There's truth to that; that makes me want to enjoy lazy afternoons curled up on the couch with my boys.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That nasty fever bug is getting everyone! I hope it leaves both our houses soon!

BTW I love William's dog he is using as a pillow! I feel like I need one of those.

jalison said...

It's good to see the boys outdoors. It's where we all belong. I hate the long midwest winters. I wouldn't miss them one bit if I happened to take up roots in the South. That puppy that Willy's cuddling with on the sofa - - is that the one I gave him for Christmas or is that another one? He sure does love his doggies! Hope the boys will be like new real soon. Winter has lasted far too long. Love, Mom

Sara said...

LOVE these pics of the boys on the road to the Vances!!

I know what you mean about the guilt! It's so hard..."ebb and flow" is a good way to describe it. There are times when a jammie day or lazy afternoon are just in order! :-)

Love you guys!

SAra

Erica said...

"Ebb and flow" is so true! I love the pictures of the boys outside. It's exactly how it should be...riding bikes and playing with mud!

jalison said...

Just wanted to give a shout out to David. He looks happy on his tractor. :)